LAS VEGAS – January 4, 2022 – Lenovo™ is thrilled to announce a new series of ThinkPad laptops featuring stunning progressive designs that break the mold and introduce new colors and materials for our premium business laptop portfolio.
The all-new ThinkPad Z13 and Z16 embark on a contemporary design philosophy targeting a different business user audience. The new striking design reflects changing attitudes towards technology, its impact on the environment and the origins of raw components. Not only is the design meant to provide individualistic premium color accents such as bronze and arctic grey, but it also features more sustainable materials such as recycled aluminum1, or recycled black vegan leather2. Sustainability extends to the packaging which is made from 100% recyclable and compostable bamboo and sugarcane, and the AC power adapter uses 90% Post-Consumer Content (PCC).
ThinkPad Z13 and Z16 will be amongst the first laptops powered by the very latest AMD Ryzen™ PRO 6000 Series processors for mobile with the Microsoft Pluton security processor. Performance and security features go hand in hand and Lenovo’s secure-by-design methodology is enhanced through its cooperation with AMD and Microsoft. Building on AMD PRO security’s layered approach, AMD Ryzen 6000 Series are the first x86 processors to integrate the Microsoft Pluton security processor for powerful security from chip to cloud on Windows 11 PCs. The Microsoft Pluton Security Processor is designed and updated by Microsoft and hardens new Windows 11 PCs with protection for user identity, data, and applications.
Exclusive Lenovo and AMD Collaboration
Furthermore, Lenovo and AMD have collaborated to deliver cutting edge platform design, streamlining all aspects of the system from silicon to hardware and software. The ThinkPad Z13, coupled with the exclusive AMD Ryzen™ 7 PRO 6860Z processor3, delivers a supreme collaboration experience. The processor is optimized to deliver seamless audio and video performance, maximize responsiveness, and deliver incredible battery life in applications like Teams and Zoom. ThinkPad Z16 can also be configured with the new AMD Radeon™ RX 6500M discrete graphics with AMD smart technologies boosting productivity, enabling advanced content creation, and casual gaming. When paired with the Ryzen processors, AMD Smart Shift Max offers an instantaneous power boost for both CPU and GPU, and Smart Shift Eco is designed to maximize battery efficiency.
Form Meets Function
As we begin celebrations for the 30th anniversary of ThinkPad, we are incredibly proud of the legacy and heritage that ThinkPad has earned and our dedication to innovating for the benefit of the end user will continue for decades to come. We are very excited about the significant design evolution in ThinkPad Z series, but above all the ThinkPad Z13 and Z16 continue to echo the core foundational design and engineering tenets that the brand has become synonymous with.
Key design and technology features have been integrated into ThinkPad Z series to boost the individual user experience. Minimalism is purposefully sophisticated and desirable. Displays have been optimized with ultra-narrow bezels and productive 16:10 aspect ratios. Audio and video conferencing is enhanced through a new Communications Bar that houses a better FHD webcam with a larger 1.4µm sensor and dual-array microphones. A larger 120mm glass haptic ForcePad that flows seamlessly with the all-glass palm rest is introduced for rapid and easy input and those familiar with the iconic red TrackPoint will witness a new functionality: Double tap the TrackPoint to launch a Communication QuickMenu for quick access to common camera and microphone settings.
Our goal is to delight end users with a distinctive look and feel using recycled materials and delivering on our promise for an exceptional experience; and reassure IT departments with enterprise-class performance, security, reliability, and manageability.
Make no mistake, Z13 and Z16 are ThinkPad laptops after all and as such are tested to MIL-Spec 810H standards and undergo the same stringent quality controls as all ThinkPad laptops, a fundamental step in ThinkPad product development and especially when using new materials.
Cutting Edge Technologies
We build our products around our customers’ needs. Every single detail is there for a reason and ThinkPad Z13 and Z16 excel at offering a better outcome for end users. Highlights include:
- Recycled black vegan leather and aluminum, and recyclable bamboo and sugarcane packaging
- Communications Bar integrating an FHD camera with a larger sensor, electronic e-Shutter for privacy and dual-array microphones
- Highest screen-to-body (STB) ratio in ThinkPad portfolio – 91.6% (Z13) and 92.3% (Z16)
- Larger 120mm haptic ForcePad
- Vivid display options including touch-enabled 2.8K OLED on Z13 and 4K OLED on Z16, both with Dolby Vision® support and low blue light
- Dolby Atmos® Speaker System and Dolby Voice® AI noise cancellation technology
- New double-tap function on TrackPoint launches Communication QuickMenu for rapid access to camera and microphone settings
- Z13 is powered by AMD Ryzen PRO U-Series processors with integrated AMD Radeon graphics plus Microsoft Pluton security processor. Z13 is also available with an exclusive AMD Ryzen PRO 6860Z processor
- Z16 is powered by AMD Ryzen PRO H-Series processors with integrated AMD Radeon graphics or optional AMD Radeon RX 6500M discrete graphics, and include the Microsoft Pluton security processor
- AMD Ryzen PRO 6000 Series processors with Qualcomm® FastConnect 6900 offer advanced manageability and industry leading Wi-Fi connectivity on Z13 and Z16. Additionally, Qualcomm® 4-stream Dual Band Simultaneousi (DBS) on AMD Ryzen™ PRO 6000 Series processors enables sustained low latency potential of Wi-Fi Dual Station, natively supported on Windows 11
- Preloaded with Windows 11
- Match-on-chip fingerprint reader integrated into keyboard for security convenience